In my previous blog, I had spoken about solitude, how it is bliss in disguise, and also I had outlined a little about self-time. Have you ever heard about the concept of the bliss of solitude? Have you ever tried spending time with yourself? Are you happier alone? You need to know the difference between loneliness and solitude. How they both are different. Once that difference is cleared in your mind, you are good to go.
Also Read : Solitude is bliss; Self time
Is spending time with yourself so hard? While we tag self-time as surfing through the internet or chatting or texting with our friends, updating our social media apps then let me make this clear that there again you are simply spending time with somebody else on the other side of your gadget; something that you would not categorize under self-time. If you are tagging self-time as spending hours watching TV or sleeping unnecessarily then that time is also getting wasted.
I am amazed by the fact that people sometimes do not know what they want for themselves. They are so messed up in this web of technology that they are so much into it. How hard it has become for us to be alone with ourselves even for a few minutes. Most of us do not know how to be happier alone. We are terrified to be alone. We are always in search of someone to spend time with. Someone to feel happy with.
We are not happy alone because there is something that we are having fear of-
Fear of solitude.
Fear of being alone.
Fear that we all need to overcome to live peacefully.
Nobody is asking you to leave everyone and start living alone. All that it means is to know how important it is to spend some time with your own soul.
- Solitude enriches our inner self. When we want richness in the outer world, all that we need to do is to make few changes internally. Those changes will be happening only when we indulge time in working on them. Our actions are the reactions to somebody else’s actions. Our thought process is the reflection of what incidents on us. That is why far apart from all the disturbances or distractions that the thoughts of others create around you, you have to be the guest of your solitude. Help your soul heal. Become its voice.
Instead of getting bored by feeling lonely, be the partner of your lone self today. Some leisure time with yourself is also important. For eg.,
- Grabbing a cup of coffee or tea and sip it with your own ‘self’ today. Having chit-chats with yourself. Maybe with that, you will get the lost piece of happiness.
- Simply gazing at the night sky finding out the brightest star or the dimmest one.
- Taking a stroll in your garden on the bare grass, feeling the softness of the grass, removing all the dried-out leaves, or watering the plants, observing the beauty of flowers and the greenery around.
- Taking a nature walk is refreshing all the time. Sometimes you have to get lost to find yourself. Having long walks into the forest or just sitting on the sand along the shore is rejuvenating and help you in stealing for yourself some precious moments.
- Sitting with your favorite book and getting lost in the world where it takes you. The key to self-awakening is to open a good book every day. It will surely teach you something or the else.
- Meditating or focusing and opening the path of self awakening.
- Penning down your thoughts and feelings somewhere as I am doing right now. It is the best way to know yourself.
These are a few of the ways of spending quality time with yourself.
Your soul will thank you from its core. You will feel more alive, fresher, and wiser. To stand out from others in this world where there are a lot out there like you, you have to work on yourself. Work on your personality, work on your mental health. Educate yourself. Learn how to control your thoughts and emotions. How to direct your directionless self. Self-time amplifies your interactions with others. It boosts your personality as it helps to let you know about your flaws and correcting them.
When you become conscious of your thoughts, your actions become wiser.
You are more attentive in doing what you are doing. You become more empathic towards others. You become more responsible and confident.
Self-time is the reflection on life. Every day we accumulate several thoughts, keep accumulating them till a heap is created out of it. Now we need to de-clutter all that we have accumulated so far. We have to assort them intelligently.
In my office, there are a certain number of days which have been allotted for certain tasks, like for rack arrangement it’s- Wednesday. So every Wednesday all the employees have to arrange their files and documents manner wise as described in the set of rules. Isn’t it necessary? Certain rules are necessary. We need to assort all that we have heaped up in our minds which is slowly blocking the path of consciousness. We are unable to understand what is important and what is not. We are unable to judge our feelings as we remain confused. There should be an easy flow of information. There should not be any blockages in the mind. After working for the whole day, allot some self-time to yourself.
Sometimes be alone to be happy. Know the real bliss of solitude.
Find out the answers of “Who am I.”
- Steal some moments of alone time to recharge your weary self. Focus on your present today to be more clearer about your future.
A tribute to Mother_A Mom will always be a Mom
Be You – Be Unique | Uniqueness Matters
Time Heals Everything or Makes The Memories Grow Stronger
Does Time Heal Everything Or Is That You?
The Pendulum Of Life – The Beginning of My Writing Story
Would That Even Matter After Years?
The Pendulum of Life-Where Motivation Begins
Writing from the soul for the soul
I believe.. I Still Believe – Belief Makes Things Happen
The Pendulum Of Life Letters – My Choice
The Battle Of Emotions Will Keep Going On
Love for Books; From A Bookworm
A Beautiful Smile makes the day _ Smile Always
Spiritual health_In conversation with your soul
Dear Self; I love you | A letter to self
Happiness In Life; Our Ultimate Goal
Life is beautiful _ Life is unpredictable
The Power of Choice; Choose to Live
For more motivational feed do visit www.themotivationaltalks.com
To download the images follow me on Pinterest